(Adds Mazda spokesman comment) June 1 (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp plans to cut 250 jobs, a quarter of its staff in Europe and the United States, in fiscal 2012, as it reorganizes sales management in Japan and overseas, the Nikkei reported. Mazda plans to reduce staff in the United States, where it has sales sections in California and Michigan, by 20 percent to around 550 workers, the paper said. Mazda spokesman Jay Amestoy said Thursday afternoon the company would not eliminate jobs in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Mazda to cut 250 jobs in Europe, US -Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642