(Adds Mazda comment, background) TOKYO, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp. plans to invest more than 50 billion yen ($430 million) to build a small-car plant in Thailand together with top shareholder Ford Motor , and later may bring a plant of its own onstream in North America, the Nihon Keizai business daily reported on Friday. By boosting output capacity, Mazda, held one-third by Ford, is set to play a key role in the Ford group's small-car operations amid growing demand for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Mazda plans plants in Thailand, N. America -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642