(Adds company comment, share price) TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp , Japan's fifth-largest automaker, is set to withdraw from the luxury car market, business daily Nihon Keizai Shimbun said on Tuesday. Mazda, one-third owned by Ford Motor Co , will stop production of the Millenia -- its only remaining luxury model -- by the end of this year and halt sales by the end of 2004, the paper said, citing company sources. A spokesman for Mazda said: "We are considering various ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Mazda to stop making luxury cars-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642