(Adds background, details, comments) STUTTGART, Germany, Sept 25 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes Car Group could achieve an 8 percent operating margin and boost productivity by just over 7 percent in 2007, Mercedes Chief Operating Officer Rainer Schmueckle said on Tuesday. The passenger car arm of Daimler earned a return of 8.2 percent of sales in the first half. "There is no reason why it should be any worse in the second half than in the first one," Schmueckle said. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Mercedes aims for 8 pct operating margin in 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.