(Adds details from statement, background) FRANKFURT, April 28 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's first-quarter operating profit fell 59 percent, but still beat analysts' expectations, as former cash cow Mercedes Car Group slumped to an operating loss of 954 million euros ($1.23 billion). The world's fifth-biggest carmaker reiterated on Thursday a forecast for slightly higher 2005 operating profit excluding restructuring costs of up to 1.2 billion euros for its loss-making Smart small car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Mercedes loss hits DaimlerChrysler Q1 oper profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.