(Adds details) PARIS, Feb 24 (Reuters) - French tyre maker Michelin on Tuesday posted a fall in 2003 net profit due to a strong euro, high raw material costs and a hefty one-off charge linked to its purchase of tyre distributor Viborg. But the firm beat analysts' forecasts as it cut its pension and healthcare costs in the United States and Japan, for which it booked a one-off gain of 282 million euros. Michelin said net income fell to 318 million euros ($399.2 million) from 581 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Michelin 2003 net profit falls on Viborg charge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642