(Adds details, background) PARIS, July 29 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest tyre maker Michelin posted a fall in first-half net profit due to restructuring costs on Tuesday but said operating profit improved thanks to stronger demand and higher prices. Michelin also said it would take a 300 million euro charge in the second half to cover its recent acquisition of Danish tyre distributor Viborg, which would "weigh in a significant manner on 2003 net income". Michelin said in a statement net ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Michelin H1 net profit falls, charge to hit '03" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.