(Adds details from statement) PARIS, April 26 (Reuters) - French tyre maker Michelin posted almost flat first-quarter sales on Tuesday, reflecting slowing demand in Europe and a tough year-on-year comparison. Michelin said it made sales of 3.6 billion euros ($4.7 billion) in the first three months of 2005, up 1 percent on a like-for-like basis but down 0.2 percent from the year-ago period on a published basis. A Reuters poll of nine analysts had forecast, on average, sales of 3.691 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Michelin Q1 sales almost flat, Europe demand slow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.