(Adds details) By Marcel Michelson PARIS, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Michelin of France, one of the largest tyre makers in the world vying for leadership with Bridgestone , scrapped plans for a second plant in Mexico on Friday due to slow demand in north America. The family-controlled group based in Clermont-Ferrand, central France, had already embarked upon a cost savings programme to offset slowing economies, lower dollar prices and a rise in the cost of rubber and steel. The group's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Michelin scraps Mexico plant plan due slowdown" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.