(Adds company comment, details) TOKYO, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp will slash the price of its Xbox 360 game console in Japan by about 30 percent, below Nintendo Co's Wii and Sony Corp's PlayStation 3 in a bid to boost market share, the Nikkei business daily said on Monday. Microsoft has been struggling to stir up demand for its Xbox 360 in Japan. Microsoft will lower the price of the Xbox 360 Arcade model by 8,000 yen ($73.92) to 19,800 yen, the Nikkei said. The Arcade does not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Microsoft to slash Xbox 360 price in Japan-Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.