(Adds details, background) TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp said on Monday its German CEO had resigned after DaimlerChrysler AG announced last week it would cut off all financial aid to its ailing Japanese partner. The resignation of Rolf Eckrodt, 61, had been expected even before DaimlerChrysler's surprise decision, as speculation swirled that he would be asked to take responsibility for the hefty losses at Mitsubishi's North American operations. Mitsubishi Motors, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Mitsubishi Motors CEO Eckrodt steps down" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.