(Adds background, details) TOKYO, April 24 (Reuters) - Japan's fourth-largest auto maker, Mitsubishi Motors Corp, said on Thursday that cost cuts and robust sales helped its profits more than double last year, but analysts believe a soggy U.S. economy and intense competition will restrict growth this year. Like its bigger rivals Toyota Motor Corp and Nissan Motor Co , Mitsubishi is struggling to keep sales growing strongly in the key U.S. market, where local auto makers are competing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Mitsubishi Motors doubles annual op profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642