(Recasts, adds company comment, details) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, May 23 (Reuters) - Hit by plunging sales in the United States and Japan, Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) sank deeper into the red last year and projected another year of loss on Monday as it struggles to patch up its brand image. While other Japanese auto makers are cruising past the competition overseas, MMC is battling a tattered reputation from a high-profile series of recalls and arrests of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Mitsubishi Motors loses $4.39 bln in 04/05" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.