(Adds DaimlerChrysler confirming talks, stock prices) TOKYO, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) will probably settle with DaimlerChrysler AG to pay the German company 50-80 billion yen ($484-774 million) in compensation for damage claims, the Nihon Keizai newspaper said. In June, Daimler asked MMC for compensation, saying the value of its holding in truck maker Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp. had dropped following a series of cover-ups of defects and recalls. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-MMC to pay Daimler up to $774 mln in damages-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642