(Adds details, background) By Alan Baldwin LONDON, March 31 (Reuters) - Twenty two teams have applied to race in the 12-team 2008 Formula One championship, the sport's governing body said on Friday. "All applicants have been invited to a meeting in London on April 10, 2006," the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said in a statement. No details were given about the teams seeking entry. Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone says there will be slots for only 12 teams after the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Motor racing-22 teams seek F1 entry for 2008" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.