* Governing body not surprised by BMW exit * FOTA ready to help team survive in F1 * Toyota say they still committed (Adds reaction from Toyota, FOTA, byline) By Alan Baldwin LONDON, July 29 (Reuters) - Formula One's governing body expressed regret but no surprise at BMW's startling exit from the sport on Wednesday and hoped cost-cutting measures would prevent more departures. The Formula One Teams Association (FOTA), which groups the four other manufacturers in the sport, said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Motor racing-BMW exit no surprise to F1 governing body" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.