(Adds detail, quotes) By Alan Baldwin LONDON, Jan 19 (Reuters) - World champions Ferrari abandoned plans for a rival Formula One series on Wednesday with a surprise agreement to extend the sport's existing commercial agreement until 2012. "I don't think it's the end of the GPWC (Grand Prix World Championship) but it is the end of them (the carmakers) starting a separate championship, I can tell you that," Minardi boss Paul Stoddart told Reuters. FIAT-owned Ferrari are founder members ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Motor racing-Ferrari break with F1 rival series idea" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.