(Adds detail) By Gerard Wynn and Michael Smith LONDON, July 22 (Reuters) - Chinese carmaker Nanjing Automobile won a bid to buy the assets of bankrupt British carmaker MG Rover on Friday, promising to employ up to 2,000 UK workers as it partly revives production of the iconic brand. Administrators PricewaterhouseCoopers said it chose Nanjing over a bid from rival Chinese carmaker Shanghai Automotive Corp. (SAIC) to buy the assets of MG Rover and its engine producer Powertrain. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nanjing Automobile wins bid for UK's MG Rover" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.