WASHINGTON, March 29 (Reuters) - Virtually all U.S. refiners plan to stop using water-polluting MTBE in U.S. gasoline supplies prior to the start of the peak summer driving season, the head of the U.S. Energy Information Administration said on Wednesday. "The industry is trying to eliminate virtually all MTBE prior to the driving season this summer," EIA Administrator Guy Caruso told the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee. To replace methyl tertiary butyl ether, or MTBE, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nearly all US refiners to stop using MTBE soon-EIA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.