(Adds Automobilwoche survey, background) FRANKFURT, Dec 20 (Reuters) - Sales of Volkswagen's new Golf, which the company had hoped would boost end-of-year revenues, are lagging expectations due to low demand and technical problems, according to two separate reports. The chief executive of Europe's biggest carmaker told a German newspaper the company would build about 25,000 fewer than the planned 135,000 in 2003 of the new model of its best-selling hatchback because of technical problems ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-New VW Golf sales disappoint - reports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.