(Adds details, quotes, shares) OSLO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Norwegian energy and metals group Norsk Hydro said on Tuesday it will close a 51,000 tonnes-per-year magnesium plant in Canada in the first half of 2007 as part of a withdrawal from magnesium production. Norsk Hydro said low cost metals from China triggered the decision to end production at the Becancour plant in Quebec, the world's largest magnesium plant. The closure, which the company had signalled earlier, coincides with the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-N.Hydro to shut Canada magnesium plant in H1 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.