(Follows alerts) Dec 24 (Reuters) - Japanese motor maker Nidec Corp will reduce its reliance on Thai factories for hard-disk-drive motors by diversifying production bases to China and the Philippines, the Nikkei business daily reported. The company, which controls 80 percent of the global market for hard-drive motors, manufactures 60 percent of its output in Thailand, the newspaper said. Thai production will be reduced to 40 percent of the total by the April-June quarter through increasing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nidec to cut reliance on Thai factories - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642