(Recasts with company confirmation, details) TOKYO, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd. plans to build a 15 million euro ($20 million) automotive glass plant in India with British unit Pilkington, targeting Japanese carmakers eyeing climbing local demand. The news sent shares in the maker of windshields, crystal and soundproof glass up 6.1 percent to 627 yen on Tuesday, outpacing the Nikkei average , which rose 1.3 percent. The plant, to go online in summer 2008 with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nippon Sheet Glass to launch India production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.