(Adds background) TOKYO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Nippon Steel Corp. , the world's second-biggest steel maker, posted a 5 percent gain in nine-month profit amid strong demand from the auto sector but maintained its full-year forecast for a slight fall. Shares in Nippon Steel were down 2 percent at 696 yen after the announcement, retreating from a rally in the morning on news it was considering deepening ties with two small allies, Nakayama Steel Works and Chubu Steel Plate Co. Nippon Steel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nippon Steel profit up on strong autos demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642