(Adds background, share price) TOKYO, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Nippon Steel Corp , the world's No.2 steelmaker, posted a 5.6 percent rise in first-half profit as prices of sheet steel and shipbuilding plates rose, but it stood by its outlook for virtually no growth in the full year. Shares of Nippon Steel extended an early slide and were down down 2.4 percent at 768 yen in afternoon trade after the results, which came in below market expectations. The stock was underperforming a 1 percent fall ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nippon Steel's H1 profit up 5.6 pct, keeps outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642