(Adds details, comment, dateline) TOKYO/SHANGHAI, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and China's Dongfeng Automotive Investment will spend $362 million to build an engine plant in southern China, both companies said on Tuesday. The plant, to be built in Guangzhou by their joint venture Dongfeng Motor Co. Ltd., will begin operations in early 2006. Production capacity is expected to hit 360,000 units annually, with a workforce of 1,500, by 2008, Dongfeng Motor said in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan China JV to invest $362 mln in engine plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.