(Updates throughout with quotes, background) DETROIT, June 24 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. said on Monday it would spend $500 million to boost the planned output of a Mississippi assembly plant now under construction by 150,000 vehicles to meet demand for its hot-selling Altima sedan. The move will allow Nissan to free up capacity for other vehicles at its Tennessee factory where it currently builds Altimas, part of an assault on the U.S. market aimed at increasing sales by 300,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan expanding unfinished U.S. auto plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642