(Adds background, closing share price) TOKYO, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. posted a weaker-than-expected 2 percent rise in half-year operating profit on Friday as a price war offset buoyant U.S. sales, and it kept its forecast for flat full-year earnings despite a weakening yen. After years of rapid profit growth, Nissan , 44 percent-owned by France's Renault SA , expects a sharp slowdown, citing risks from intense competition in the United States, high raw material prices, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan H1 op profit up 2 pct, forecast unchanged" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.