(Recasts to reflect co. hitting sales target) DETROIT, March 31 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. said on Thursday it sold over 1 million cars and trucks in the United States in a 12-month period, joining five other auto makers that have hit that mark. "I think that it's a milestone," Jed Connelly, senior vice president of sales at Nissan North America, told Reuters. "There is tremendous excitement inside with the company ... it's a real emotional boost for employees. The Japanese ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan joins big leagues in U.S sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.