(Adds quote, background) CHENNAI, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Nissan Motor Co. will join an alliance with India's Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and France's Renault SA to invest in a 40 billion rupees ($905 million) car project in India, the companies said in a joint statement on Monday. The venture will build a car factory in the southern city of Chennai which will have a capacity to produce 400,000 units in seven years. Production of cars in the new plant will start in the second half ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan joins Mahindra, Renault in India car venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642