July 29 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co , Japan's third-largest carmaker, plans to begin manufacturing a 2-liter gasoline engine next May in the UK for use in locally assembled Qashqai and Qashqai +2 sport utility vehicles, the Nikkei business daily reported. The company plans to invest slightly more than 2 billion yen ($21.04 million) to modify some engine production lines at its Sunderland plant to give the facility the capability to make 65,000 of the engines a year, the paper said. At ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan to make 2-ltr engines for SUVs in UK - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642