(Recasts with Nissan comment, background) TOKYO, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Struggling Japanese auto maker Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) and bigger rival Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. are in talks to form a joint venture in the minivehicle business, media reports said on Thursday. A Nissan spokesman said the company had no plans to announce a further expansion into the minivehicle market. But reports of the talks, carried by Kyodo news agency and public broadcaster NHK, pushed up MMC's shares by 9.52 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan, MMC in minicar tie-up talks-reports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642