(Adds confirmation) TOKYO, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is considering a tie-up with Japanese electronics maker NEC Corp. to develop batteries for hybrid cars and other fuel-efficient vehicles, sources close to the matter said on Thursday. Nissan and NEC will set up a joint venture next year and are aiming to begin mass production of the batteries by 2010, business daily Nihon Keizai said on Thursday. Nissan, which trails Toyota Motor Corp. in the development of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan, NEC mull in hybrid battery tie-up--sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642