(Recasts after Nissan confirmation) TOKYO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. said on Thursday it and POSCO Co. will jointly set up a steel sheet processing centre near Tokyo to secure stable supply of cost-competitive South Korean-made sheet steel and other products. In early 2005, Nissan, Japan's third-biggest automaker, had been forced to suspend some vehicle production in Japan due to a lack of steel, and had sought emergency supply from POSCO. The stronger link with POSCO is also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan, POSCO plan steel sheet centre near Tokyo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.