* Nissan's electric Leaf priced at sharp premium to Prius * Subsidies seen reducing consumer cost to near 2.99 mln yen * U.S. pricing to be announced later on Tuesday (Adds detail from announcement, background) YOKOHAMA, Japan, March 30 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co on Tuesday said it would sell its battery-powered Leaf hatchback starting at 3.76 million yen ($40,640) in Japan, counting on government subsidies to slash the cost to consumers for its mass-market bet on the electric car. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan prices Leaf EV at premium to Prius in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642