(Adds details, background) CANTON, Miss., June 28 (Reuters) - Japanese car maker Nissan Motor Co said it will add workers and start production of its Sentra compact sedan at its Canton plant in Mississippi. Nissan will add 1,000 jobs to the plant where the Sentra production will begin in December, Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant said at an event held at the Canton plant on Thursday. Total employment at the Canton plant will rise to 4,500 from the existing 3,900 by December, Nissan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan to produce Sentra at Canton; to add 1,000 jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.