(Adds impact on earnings, other details, background) TOKYO, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co , Japan's third-largest auto maker, said on Thursday it would recall 1.02 million cars worldwide at an estimated cost of 15 to 16 billion yen ($138-148 million) due to an engine defect. The recall, covering 25 models, is the second-biggest ever by a Japanese auto maker, a transport ministry official said. The biggest was also by Nissan, involving about 1.05 million cars in May 1996. A ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan to recall 1.02 mln cars over engine trouble" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642