(Adds background paragraph 2, quotes 3-5, detail 6) PRETORIA, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Nissan South Africa said on Monday it had been awarded a one-billion-rand ($148 million) contract by its Japanese parent to export Hardbody single cab pick-up trucks to Europe, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. The deal marks another milestone for the country's motor industry, which is its second largest industrial employer after mining. Nissan South Africa Managing Director Julio Panama told a news ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan S.Africa wins R1.0 bln truck export deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.