(Adds comment from Nissan's design chief) TOKYO, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Tired of all those three-point turns? Nissan Motor Co. could have a solution. Japan's second-biggest auto maker has developed a concept car featuring an egg-shaped cabin atop a wheeled platform that can swivel around 360 degrees, doing away with the need to reverse when emerging from narrow spaces. "With this feature, parking in tight spots is a cinch," chief designer Masato Inoue told reporters at a sneak preview of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Nissan's new concept car: a rotating egg on wheels" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642