* Magna says plant would by unsustainable even with aid * Workers have twice rejected company-demanded concessions * Plant employs around 1,400 (Adds details, background, quotes; in U.S. dollars unless noted) TORONTO, March 26 (Reuters) - Magna International Inc will continue to wind down its Syracuse, New York, auto parts plant because it would still be unsustainable even if it qualified for U.S. government aid, according to a company memo to staff on Thursday. U.S. Senator Charles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-No third chance for Magna International N.Y. plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.