(Adds details, stock activity) ST. PAUL, March 21 (Reuters) - Northwest Airlines Corp. on Friday said it was cutting 4,900 jobs and its flight schedule by 12 percent because of lower travel demand before and after the conflict in Iraq, following similar actions by a number of other airlines. The capacity cuts at Northwest are the largest announced to date from a U.S. carrier. On Thursday, AMR Corp.'s American Airlines on Thursday announced a 6 percent cut in its international schedule ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Northwest Air cutting 4,900 jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642