(Adds Obama to discuss GDP, "cash-for-clunkers" program) WASHINGTON, July 31 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will comment on the U.S. economy on Friday at 1:15 p.m. EDT/1715 GMT, the White House said, after the government reported that the economy contracted at a slower-than-expected pace in the second quarter. A White House official said Obama was expected to talk about the news that gross domestic product fell 1.0 percent in the second quarter, as well as efforts to add money to a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Obama to comment on U.S. economy after GDP data" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.