* Obama blames high oil prices on Iran tensions * Says speculators also driving prices higher * Says Republicans making "phony" promises (Adds additional Obama comments, background) By Laura MacInnis MIAMI, Feb 23 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama hit back on Thursday at election-year Republican criticism of his energy policies, offering a staunch defense of his attempts to wean Americans off foreign oil and saying there is no "silver bullet" for high gasoline prices. Obama sought to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Obama hits back at Republican criticism of high fuel prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.