*Obama defends stimulus policies *Obama confident carmakers will pay back government loans (adds quotes) By David Alexander RALEIGH, N.C., July 29 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Wednesday the United States may be starting to see the end of the 19-month recession and that his policies helped the country from plunging into a depression. Obama made a detailed defense of his economic policies, from bank and auto bailouts to stimulus spending, in the face of persistent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Obama: U.S. may be starting to see recession end" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.