* Orion, Michigan gets new GM plant, jobs - source * GM announcement due later in day WASHINGTON, June 26 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp has selected Orion, Michigan, for a new plant to build small cars, a source familiar with the decision told Reuters on Friday. GM previously had said it was considering Orion; Spring Hill, Tennessee; and Janesville, Wisconsin, prompting intense lobbying from all three states for the new plant that will build a subcompact replacement for the Chevy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Orion, Michigan wins new GM plant - source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.