* Beats out three other teams * New vehicle more maneuverable (adds background on vehicle needs) WASHINGTON, June 30 (Reuters) - OshKosh Corp on Tuesday won a $1.1 billion firm, fixed-price contract to build 2,244 armored trucks for use by U.S. troops increasing their presence in Afghanistan, the Pentagon announced on Tuesday. OshKosh beat out BAE Systems , Navistar International Corp , and Force Dynamics LLC, a joint venture between Force Protection Inc and General Dynamics Corp to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-OshKosh wins $1.1 bln Afghanistan truck deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.