(Adds strike damage, spokesman quotes and shares) SEOUL, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Kia Motors Corp. , South Korea's second-biggest auto maker, said on Tuesday output at its main plant had been halted since Feb. 16 by a strike by unionised workers, resulting in nearly $50 million of lost production. Kia has filed a lawsuit against union leaders for what it said was an illegal and unilateral decision to hold a strike over safety standards at the plant, Kia spokesman Park Eun-kyu said. Union ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Output at Kia Motors' main plant halted by strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.