Oct 11 (Reuters) - Panasonic Corp will supply the lithium-ion battery cells for the first sedan made by Tesla Motors , the companies said on Tuesday. Panasonic is to supply enough cells for 80,000 Tesla Model S vehicles over the next four years, including meeting Tesla's need for 6,000 preorders in 2012, the companies said. "This supply agreement helps ensure Tesla will meet its costs and margin targets for Model S," said a statement from Panasonic and Tesla. Panasonic has supplied ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Panasonic to be supplier for Tesla Model S" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.