(Adds details, background) WASHINGTON, Dec 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. Pentagon said on Tuesday it awarded more than $2.6 billion worth of contracts to BAE Systems Plc , Force Protection Inc and a Navistar International Corp unit to build another 3,126 mine-resistant vehicles for U.S. soldiers. The Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles are designed to protect U.S. soldiers from roadside bombs, small arms fire and other explosive threats, the Pentagon said in its daily list of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Pentagon awards $2.6 billion to build trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.