(Adds details, background, quotes) By Jim Wolf WASHINGTON, Dec 17 (Reuters) - The Pentagon told Congress on Monday of a potential $147 million sale to Britain of 170 trucks designed to withstand roadside bombs used against allied forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. The main contractor for the mine-resistant, ambush- protected (MRAP) vehicles would be Force Protection Industries Inc of Ladson, North Carolina, the Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency said in a notice to lawmakers. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Pentagon plans $147 million truck sale to Britain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.